Friday, September 15, 2006

Amerie: Girl of the Week

In honor of NYC Fashion Week 2006, I am profiling one of my personal fashion icons: Amerie. Though not a standout in any other category (i.e. Talent), this girl dresses her ass off!! And I love that she's a Georgetown University alum. As Susan says, "Everybody loves an educated Black girl," lol. Anyway, here are my top 5 favorite looks from Miss Amerie.



1) At the 2006 Baby Phat Show wearing a dress clearly not designed by Kimora (sigh, Stripper Chic is NEVER Ok). Flawless skin- Check. Perfect Smile- Check. Bad Girl Attitude- Check.



2) Fabulous as usual at Lil Kim's welcome home party thrown by AOL Music. I am a huge fan of silvery white tones against brown skin. Luvs it.



3) Looking a little like Angela Bassett in this pic. Jeans + Structured Bag = Effortless Chic.




4) At the Ghost Couture show last year. Fab in jeans and simple accessories.



5) My fav. Looking elegant in Giorgio Armani with Mr. Armani himself.

2 comments:

Michael said...

LOL @ i.e. talent. Haha. Nice entry. Never realized how fly Amerie is.

Whitney said...

Right! No one realizes she's fly.