In honor of NYC Fashion Week 2006, I am profiling one of my personal fashion icons: Amerie. Though not a standout in any other category (i.e. Talent), this girl dresses her ass off!! And I love that she's a Georgetown University alum. As Susan says, "Everybody loves an educated Black girl," lol. Anyway, here are my top 5 favorite looks from Miss Amerie.
1) At the 2006 Baby Phat Show wearing a dress clearly not designed by Kimora (sigh, Stripper Chic is NEVER Ok). Flawless skin- Check. Perfect Smile- Check. Bad Girl Attitude- Check.
2) Fabulous as usual at Lil Kim's welcome home party thrown by AOL Music. I am a huge fan of silvery white tones against brown skin. Luvs it.
3) Looking a little like Angela Bassett in this pic. Jeans + Structured Bag = Effortless Chic.
4) At the Ghost Couture show last year. Fab in jeans and simple accessories.
5) My fav. Looking elegant in Giorgio Armani with Mr. Armani himself.