Sunday, October 22, 2006

Playlist: October 22

In current rotation on my iPod nano:




*Miss Fat Booty, Mos Def: The first Mos song that I really got into. Also references one of my fav black beauties: Jayne Kennedy.







*It's Okay (One Blood), The Game: If I supported gang rivalry I would totally be a Crip (I grew up on the Southside of Fort Worth, I have no choice), but I still love this song. That Caribbean man is singing his heart out and I like it.







*Mr. Me Too, Clipse featuring Pharrell: I luv the Clipse, they have a really cool sound and always get the best Neptunes beats to complement their lyrics. This song is a quick Clipse classic.






*In A Sentimental Mood, Duke Ellington/Miles Davis/John Coltrane: I got this song from the soundtrack to Love Jones, one of my favorite movies, and have become totally addicted to it, though I am not normally a Jazz fan.




*Seasons Change, Corinne Bailey Rae: This is the really cool song that played during the opening and ending credits of the season premiere of Girlfriends a few weeks ago. Luv the song, Luv Corinne.









*California, Phantom Planet: The theme song to The OC. I am not a fan of the show, but I luv the song. It makes me nostalgic for a place I've never lived.






*Upgrade U, Beyonce featuring Jay-Z: Again, not a fan of the album, but this song is bomb. I luv luv luv the way B goes off at the end with the Foxy-esque rhyme.





*Waiting in Vain, Bob Marley: I always think of the last night of the summer when I hear this song. It was playing in a little bookstore near 116th and Broadway the night before I left New York. Nicole and I went in there after leaving Haagen-Dazs and I bought, "In the Temple of My Familiar" by Alice Walker.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If I supported gang rivalry I would totally be a Crip (I grew up on the Southside of Fort Worth, I have no choice), but I still love this song."

Funniest shit ever.

Britt said...

Perfection = W.E.T. 10/16/85