Monday, January 22, 2007

You Actually Read That?

Note: I apologize for the changing colors of this blog. I am experimenting with different color combinations. If you want to shorten the process, let me know which colors are most pleasing to your eyes!

Today, I had a revelation. I'm not writing for myself, people actually read this blog! Case in point, today Nikita said (via yahoo messenger):

Me: Nikita!!!
nikitam: hi!
Me: what's up?
nikitam: ok so i have something to confess
Me: ??
nikitam: I'm OBSESSED with your blog, lol

I was soo surprised, I didn't know that anyone besides my sister read it! And then, minutes later, Michael, who is impossible to please when it comes to blogging, said (also via messenger):

Michael: I am so proud of you for updating your blog.
Me: lol [...] on a regular basis too
Michael: I know. I'm very proud.

But Melissa, mean as she is, kind of dished (that's not a typo...it's cuter than saying dissed) my color choices. She said the green was making her physically ill and I kind of agreed so I changed the color up a little. But don't worry, the content will stay the same (if you can call off-the-dome rants content...)!

But it's a little gratifying to know that there are people out there who read what I write :)...and it motivates me to do better and come with stuff more often!

So now that I know who reads my blog, let me tell you what blogs I love:

The Cynical Ones: You knew this was coming right? Funny. Sarcastic. Smart. Did I say funny?

Life, Love, Lipgloss: Besides the great title, it's authored by Susan. Why wouldn't I check it out regularly?

Queen to Be: Another obvious one. This girl is smart and funny in her "Adventures of a Co-Ed"-type blog.

The Little Black Girl That Could: A must for magazine wannabes. Chronicles the successes, struggles and shoes of a 20-something that's just trying to make it on the mean halls of Time, Inc.

Urbane Girl: Where I go for a dose of sophistication. Urbane Girl keeps us in the know with up-to-the minute fashion and beauty coverage and insights into the luxe life.

A World Tour...Well Kinda
: What's cooler than traveling around the world? Umm..nothing! Howard University business student takes everyone with her as she spends 5 months in France.

Beauty Buzz: TeenVogue's resident beautyista Eva Chen brings us all things beautiful and fab, from NY to Tokyo, to everywhere in between.

Shake Your Beauty
: The Grandmommy of blogs (for me anyway)..Miss Tia tells all, from beauty to sex to career advice. What can I say, she's my shero!

Check Them Out!
Whitney :)

3 comments:

Michael said...

What do you mean I'm impossible to please when it comes to blogging? I only point out you update your blog twice every quarter. Mmph.

Johnica J. Garrett said...

Aww thanks for the blog mention! I changed my look up a bit yesterday (new header)...check it out.

Melissa said...

I didn't dish it! The color was just making me sick, that's all. :-) Keep ranting so I can bring laughter to the otherwise quiet computer lab. And I'll see you in Vegas in October, fyi.