Tuesday, July 29, 2008

22 22's: Lauren Conrad


I'm 22, but I will not always be. In fact, my days of repping deuce-deuces will end in 11 short weeks. The thought struck me today when I looked into smiling eyes of pseudo reality star Lauren Conrad (can you believe she landed a September cover?!) and read the quote, "Can you imagine being 22 and having your parents know everything about you?"

I hadn't ever thought that this proponent of the scripted life and I were the same age because we are soooooo different. Anyway, I got really interested in the idea of 22 and what it means to different people. So, I present to you the first 1016 editorial package: 22 22's. I'm going to be profiling darlings that happen to be this age, real, fictional, celebrity and normal, plus asking some of my besties that have passed this age to recount their memories of being 22.

22 22's: Lauren Conrad (1)



Full Name:
Lauren Katherine Conrad

Birth Date: 2/1/1986


Hometown: Laguna Beach, California

Currently Resides:
Los Angeles, California

Famous For:
Being a third in a 90210-like love triangle with Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County co-stars Stephen and Kristin. Not designing a clothing line for LA's Kitson.

Notorious For:
Feuding with former gal-pal Heidi Montag. Pretending to be an intern at Teen Vogue's LA Bureau. Long pauses between words. Great hair that she plays with a lot (while sitting down at her faux-internship).

The Good Life:
She's a fashion intern, yet she sits down all day. Long glances, succinct dialogue and many, many tears satisfy a rabid following that supports her television show, website, clothing line and philanthropic efforts.

Great Quote:
I don’t really even like attention on me.

And in case you haven't noticed, this is one 22 that I don't really luv.



But hey, look out for Season 4 of The Hills on MTV in August. And while you're at it, check out the inspiration for the title, Jay'Z's Reasonable Doubt track 22 Two's, here.

1 comment:

Britt said...

Feel free to add my 22 year old profile ... even tho it was 4 years ago, lol.