Monday, August 11, 2008

Fall has Fallen!

Well, at least clothing-wise. I've told you guys over and over how much I luv Fall. There are so many great things about it, the new school year, the state fair, my birthday, Halloween and Thanksgiving. The colors are so rich and beautiful and the weather is the most perfect. It always makes me think of rainy nights, wind, Howard's Homecoming and riding boots, but not necessarily in that order.

Since I've been clocking hours as a part-time Banana Republic employee I've been anxiously awaiting the debut of it's fall pieces and when I walked into our store this weekend I was very pleasantly surprised. The bright yellows and pinks and oranges of the summer had been completely replaced with our transitional stock of burnt orange, pea green and chocolate brown blouses, jackets, boots, and dresses. Yes!

I was in a frenzy to finally use my discount and tried on lots of cute dresses that could work well now, in the fall and for a really big interview that I have coming up. I decided on this:


[Island Green Twist-front Dress]

I thought that it was chic and sophisticated enough for my interview but that I could also pair it with gladiator sandals for work or something more casual. Plus the material is cool enough for August but wouldn't leave me freezing should I drag the dress out with tights and boots for October or November.

But before I decided on that dress, I looked at lots more, like these:






I'm like going crazy with delight that two of my favorite colors, green and purple, are so prominently featured at Banana this season. And, even though they are not in my budget for another few weeks, I tried on nearly every pair of the new fall shoes that we got in and decided that, when the time is right, I'll definitely pick up a pair of these:


['Cecily' pull-on flat boot]

and these:



['Bree' wing-tipped high-heeled oxford ]

What are you anxious to pick up for fall?

2 comments:

Britt said...

I love that green dress! And those second pair of shoes. Cute!!

Melissa said...

Did you see the 'Bree' wing-tipped high-heeled oxford? HELLO!!! Those are on my extremely short list!