Monday, December 22, 2008

Times, They Are A-Changin'

Ok, enough of the silence because I've got BIG news...I'm moving! 

Yep, yep, NYC will be in my rearview mirror come January as I'll be taking up a post at a women's mag down in Washington, DC. I'm uber-excited to go "home" and enjoy all the luxuries medium-city livin' has to offer (car, one-bedrooms, washer and dryer in house, etc, etc, etc). 

At the top of the year I'll be packing up my little Focus  (I just got it this week and I'm soooo in love with it, lol) and moving into a cute little spot in Silver Spring, Md. After years of reading design zines like Blueprint and domino, what I'm most, most, most excited about is getting to decorate my place from scratch. It's pretty small (check the pics below) and has a layer of the dreaded suburban carpet, but I'm up for the challenge of still making it look cool, urban, and chic, just like it's owner ;) 


[the living room, via the apt's website. please disregard the ugly furniture and plants]

[the bedroom. same with the furniture]

Luckily, one of my best buds, the genius behind Chestnut Orange, is also embarking on the one bedroom dance for the first time and is similarly design-obsessed. We've decided to kind of tag-blog about our adventures in home-land, complete with pics of the new digs. Keep a lookout for pics of the bare apartment next year, after I officially move in.

with lots of love,
whitney

6 comments:

Britt said...

Get it girl! LOL.

PrincesaAshleigh said...

I'm waiting with bated breath until you come "home!" Now Latrice and I will have someone to include in our debauchery!! :)

urbane girl said...

I will be joining you and Chesnut Orange on the decorating journey. Yes, I have lived in my urban bungalow for a year now, but I've yet to touch the living room :(.

Nicole said...

loving the space of your apartment!!! It looks amazing and I can't wait to see your personality throughout it! Thanks for the shoutout and I can't wait to see you in a few weeks :)

Mademoiselle M said...

OMG! NO WAY! sigh... I love my life. Great friends just keep returning to me! Text me the address ASAP!! YAY!

Michael said...

Oh wow. You've actually been updating. Yay for that and yay for the move. I'm so happy and proud of you, love. :)